A chemical peel is a technique used to improve the appearance of the skin on the face, neck or hands. A chemical solution is applied to the skin that causes it to exfoliate and eventually peel off; therefore, it is an exfoliation procedure without abrasion or downtime that reveals fresh, refined skin.
Our chemical peel procedure will loosen the top layer of the dermis, reduce fine lines, promote cell renewal, minimize the appearance of pores, even out skin tone and prevent clogged pores. The treatment starts with a consultation, includes cleanse and tone, and includes a serum, mask, moisturizer, and layer of SPF protection.
The procedure utilizes three different types of peels.
- 22% Beta-Salicylic helps clear up oily, acne-prone skin;
- 33% Glycolic, good for anti-aging, brightens and evens skin tone;
- 25% Lactic removes dry, dehydrated cells to aid in moisturizing sensitive skin
Our professional and experienced estheticians will determine your skin needs, and choose the best peel solution based on your skin condition. The new, regenerated skin is usually smoother and less wrinkled than the old skin after our effective chemical peel treatment.
Frequently Asked Questions:
When should I have chemical peel treatment?
- If you have wrinkles or sun-damaged skin.
- If you have skin discolorations, blotchiness or brown spots.
- If you have scars that have made the surface of your skin uneven.
- If you have certain precancerous skin growths.
- If you have an upcoming event, it will be ideal to have a peel at least 7-10 days in advance, and any skin irritation will be subsided and the noticeable improvements will be achieved.
What are the benefits of a peel?
Peels can result in noticeable improvements to skin tone, texture and appearance, and incredibly effective in addressing a variety of skin conditions including acneic skin treatment, lightening the effects of sun damage, reduces acne lesions and inflammation, and diminishing the appearance of fine lines; It helps even out pigment, increases hydration, refine texture and uncovers brightness. Noticeable differences can be seen after just one effective treatment, with minimal down time.
How many peels will I need?
The best results are achieved for peels performed once every 2-3 weeks, and help maintain your healthy skin, and correct and prevent skin issues before they become problematic. We recommend a series of 6 peel treatments spaced every 2-3 weeks apart, and maintenance peels can then be performed once a month.
How are chemical peels performed?
Our peel treatment starts with a consultation form, including cleansing of the skin, application of appropriate peel, facial mask, facial and neck massage, and finishing products include toner, moisturizer, eye cream and SPF.
To achieve the best result, most of our clients benefit from adding on other treatments for skin enhancement including laser Genesis, Microdermabrasion, LED Red or Blue light skin therapy.
What will my skin feel like after a chemical peel?
The peel treatment is exfoliation procedure, you may experience redness, or a slight breakout for a few days after the treatment, and it will subside within a few days.
Pre & Post care for chemical peel treatment
- Do not apply Retin-A, Tazorac, Renova, or Differin (also acne medication) two weeks before and two weeks after your treatment
- Sun exposure or usage of a tanning bed, self-tanning products must be avoided for 1 week prior to the treatment.
- Wait a week Before or After having facial hair removal
- If you have a special event, do not receive any kind of peel treatments for two weeks prior to the event.
- Avoid sun exposure and wear SPF 30 Immediately after peel treatment
- First night, DO NOT wash face at all
- Day 2 through 6, avoid harsh cleansers and any kind of scrubs.
- DO NOT pick or pull the skin.